Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor begins!

I woke up on Tuesday, August 4th, at 4:30 AM and saw Janae kneeling down at the side of the bed. Wondering what was so urgent in the middle of the night I asked "Are you praying?" Of course she wasn't, she was just kneeling against the bed to help deal with the contractions she'd been having since 3 AM.

I had to go to school at 9 AM; it was one of my assigned days in radiology rotation. I eventually left after being there for a few hours, because, uh, my wife was in labor! Fortunately her mother Sherma was with us then, so I hadn't left her completely alone.

After arriving home, most of the remainder of the day was spent like this:


Yep, for all you fellas out there feeling a little low on hugs, spend a day with your wife in labor.

She was going through contractions every 7-10 minutes from 3AM that day until 10 or 11 'o'clock that night, when things started picking up...

No comments:

Post a Comment